Celebrate International Picnic Day—Baltimore Style!June 16, 2020
Thursday, June 18th is International Picnic Day—from a scrumptious spread to the most idyllic locations—we’ve rounded up a list of everything you’ll need to plan the perfect picnic. The term picnic originates from the French word “pique-nique,” meaning a social gathering with food and wine. After the French Revolution, picnics became wildly popular as a way for citizens to enjoy the royal gardens. Picnics remain, to this day, a chance to celebrate nature, friendships, and culture across the world. A Blueprint for the Perfect Picnic:
- Start with the essentials.
- Don’t forget the fun.
- Streamline your packing
- Muffin tins can be your best friends—they’re not just for delicious pastries. Use them to make mini pies, store deviled eggs, or store condiments. You can even use muffin tin liners to prevent bugs from going into your drinks!
- Skewered fruits and veggies are easy to pack and a refreshing warm-weather appetizer.
- Place a shower curtain liner under your picnic blanket to prevent ground moisture from making an appearance.
- Location, location, location
- Prefer to skip the cooking? We have you covered.